Position: Virtualization Administrator
Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS etc providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions. Today, NRI’s, experienced and highly qualified team members, are located in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity and mission focus.
Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is now an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO 14001 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE and Maryland MBE.
Must have an active Secret Clearance or higher.
The Virtualization Engineer serves as a technical expert in the Data Center, for VMware vSphere and ESXi server systems in a team environment.
The Virtualization Engineer works closely with teammates maintaining the resources and planning for growth and new services consistent with the mission and strategic objectives. Particular emphasis will be placed on VMWARE technologies in a diverse environment. The successful candidate will be specialize in VMware vSphere and related VMWARE technologies, but may be required to perform systems management/programming tasks on other systems. In addition, this position will have an important role in coordination/management of virtualization projects and operations in the group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to company strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
- Provided day-to-day support for all virtual machines in all three enclaves.
- Performed system administration duties vSphere vCenter.
- Accurately log, ticket, and track/own all incidents
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution on all supported issues.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Provide timely and professional follow-up on all incidents.
- Provide subject matter expertise within the vSphere environment.
- Provide updates to management and project leadership of all ongoing critical issues.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent, plus at least five years of system administration/programming, with experience deploying and managing software and systems in both physical and virtualized environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience are required.
- 5+ years’ experience (or appropriate education/certifications) in server administration, including installation of server hardware and operating system software, writing and maintaining administrative scripts in powershell, perl, python or UNIX shell, and basic IP networking is required.
- 5+ years supporting and maintaining a VMWARE enterprise environment.
- VCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCP, Security+
- Must be able to pass background investigation in order to achieve secret clearance.
Required Certifications: CompTIA Security +
Salary: Competitive salary
Benefits: Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401K/FSA/ LTD/STD/PTO/Federal Holidays
Work location: Kansas City, MO