Telecommunications Network Engineer
Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS, etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions.
Today, NRI’s, experienced and highly qualified team members, are in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity and mission focus. Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE and Maryland MBE.
• Must have an active Secret Clearance
Network Runners is seeking a highly motivated Telecommunications Network Engineer to provide skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Local Area Network (LAN). This includes providing the core network engineering services needed to manage lifecycle maintenance, ongoing operations, expanding mission requirements, planned upgrades, new technology insertion, and strategic capability development of DLA LAN systems and equipment with the goal of providing a secure, reliable, and high performance network.
- Work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
- Analyze and design voice networks, LAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
- Develop telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develop designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
- Closely coordinate with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- Develop alternative solutions and backup plans in conjunction with functional users.
• 2 + years of progressive Information Technology (IT)
• 2 + years of experience in telecom network design and management
• Computing Environment: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Type of Job:
Attractive Benefits Package:
Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401K/ FSA/ LTD/ STD/ PTO/ Federal Holidays
: Work can be remote or at a DLA location: Ft. Belvoir VA, Richmond VA, Philadelphia PA, New Cumberland PA, Battle Creek MI, Columbus OH, New Cumberland PA.