Senior Telecommunications Network Engineer
Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS, etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions.
Today, NRI’s, experienced and highly qualified team members, are in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity and mission focus. Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE and Maryland MBE.
• Must have an active Secret Clearance
Network Runners is seeking a highly motivated Senior Telecommunications Network Engineer to provide skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Local Area Network (LAN). This includes providing the core network engineering services needed to manage lifecycle maintenance, ongoing operations, expanding mission requirements, planned upgrades, new technology insertion, and strategic capability development of DLA LAN systems and equipment with the goal of providing a secure, reliable, and high performance network.
• 5 + years of relevant experience
• 5 + years of experience in telecom network design and management
• Computing Environment: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Wireless Professional (CCWP)
Type of Job:
- Manage complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis.
- Manage the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data LAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services.
- Manage the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks (using private radio facilities or commercial services).
- Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Make recommendations, as needed, for approval of major network installations.
- Prepare milestone status reports, and deliveries/presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
Attractive Benefits Package:
Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401K/ FSA/ LTD/ STD/ PTO/ Federal Holidays
: Work can be remote or at a DLA location: Ft. Belvoir VA, Richmond VA, Philadelphia PA, New Cumberland PA, Battle Creek MI, Columbus OH, New Cumberland PA.