Position Title: Network Technician
Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS, etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions. Today, NRI’s, experienced and highly qualified team members, are in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity, and mission focus.
Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE, and Maryland MBE.
Clearance: **Must have an active Secret Clearance or above**
Network Runners has multiple Network positions different levels to support a large Defense Agency. This position will support and provide advanced troubleshooting of a large complex data network infrastructure by using network monitoring and network management tools. Strong understanding of core networking technologies including LAN, WAN, routing, and switching is a must along with strong knowledge of network analysis and packet capture tools.
Primary Team Responsibilities:
- Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of multiple platforms, optical taps, and Linux-based packet capture devices.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and provide root cause analysis of network related issues.
- Assist with maintaining network Data Center and LAN / WAN infrastructure and systems for small, regional, and large office and call center environments.
- Coordinate installation and administration Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Proto- col (TCP/IP) based networks to include physical cable/fiber infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and analyze routers, switches, remote access servers, and other TCP/IP based gateways and devices while managing defined TCP/IP address spaces including subnets and supernets.
- Manage and troubleshoot all VLANs, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) areas, VPN, and associated tunnels to peers to include key management.
- Manage Access Control List (ACLs) on required network devices. Configure and secure all communication devices to meet or exceed Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements.
- Support large complex data and voice network infrastructure by using network monitoring and management tools.
- Participate in and respond to system and network incidents.
- Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
- Perform reach back to Tier 2 or vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
- Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining network security devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Perform network management and troubleshooting using Computer Associates Spectrum, Juniper Network Security Manager, JuniperSpace, Splunk, HP Network Automation (HPNA)/HP Operations Orchestra (HPOO), NetScout nGenius, NetCool, Schnozz, Gigamon and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based management software.
- Manage firewall troubleshooting and operations, including firewalls produced by McAfee, Cisco, Palo Alto and Juniper.
- Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment.
List of technologies - Splunk, CA eHealth and CA Spectrum, Gigamon, HPNA/HPOO Automation and Scripting, PHP, My SQL, Expect/ Python scripting, Linux Administration, Apache administration, NetScout.
Type of Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/ CCNP or 2-6 years of overall related experience
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAM level II/III baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: routers, MSPP, ODXC, OTS, Promina, NIPR, SIPR.
- Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management
- Ability to perform on-call duties as required.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance or above.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401K/ FSA/ LTD/ STD/ PTO/ Federal Holidays
Columbus, OH / Montgomery, AL