Writer (Senior) / Project Manager
Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, DISA, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions. Today, NRI’s, experienced and highly qualified team members, are in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity, and mission focus.
Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is now an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE, and Maryland MBE.
Clearance Requirements: **Must be a U.S. Citizen and clearable**
Network Runners is seeking a highly motivated Senior Writer/Project Manager to support The Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) the designated lead entity within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for biometric identity services. OBIM matches, stores, shares, and analyzes biometric data to provide accurate, timely, and high assurance biometric identity information and analysis to DHS and its mission partners. OBIM is undertaking the development and deployment of a new biometric system known as the Homeland Advanced Recognition Technology (HART) system.
The Senior Writer/Project Manager gathers, analyzes, translates, and composes technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. Composes technical documents including, user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports. Edits functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents. Conducts research and ensures the use of proper terminology.
Specific Functional Requirements:
- Clearly communicate and coordinate technical writing efforts involving contingency and crisis-action plans, standard operating procedures, briefings, memorandums, business documents, management documents and data.
- Be well versed in the DHS and IP style guides and ensures that all documentation developed within the branch is in accordance to established guidelines.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Possess domain and expert technical knowledge of SharePoint and website domains.
- Possess knowledge of print and electronic media communications content including content for Government websites and social media accounts.
- Possess communications/public affairs knowledge.
- Provide audio-visual and meeting facilitation support as required by the Government. This shall include briefing, Presentation and Multimedia Support including video segments, all pre-production, production, and post-production tasks.
Skill Level Requirements:
- Research and develop Proposed Public Affairs Guidance (PPAG) related to HART and OBIM’s overall biometric identity services, for use by OBIM’s Public Affairs Officer.
- Possess proven knowledge of Change and Configuration Management best practices (knowledge of DHS Change Management Processes preferred).
- Possess in-depth knowledge/expertise of the OBIM systems such as SharePoint.
- Be knowledgeable on all contract activities and interface directly with the OBM executive leadership.
- Possess excellent communication (orally and written), attention to detail, problem solving and excellent customer service skills.
- May supervise other contractors.
- Senior-level level experience with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience performing work related to the functional and specific functional requirements.
- In-depth understanding of the Government’s joint identity services relating to strategically communicating biometrics identity service mission and information (Highly Preferred)
Type of Job:
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution required.
Attractive Benefits Package:
Arlington, VA (ONSITE)