Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions. Today, NRI’s experienced and highly qualified team members are located in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity, and mission focus.
Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE and Maryland MBE.
Clearance: **Top Secret Security clearance required**
The Facility Security Officer (FSO)
manages, administers and coordinates the DOD or other industrial security program and other security activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. The FSO will process and review personnel security clearances and maintain all security documentation, files, and clearance and suitability rosters in accordance with government requirements. The FSO will have an understanding and experience of the NISPOM and general security requirements for DOD and other Federal agencies.
- Administrate personnel security clearance processes to include coordinating initial clearance submissions and periodic reinvestigations of staff, providing guidance and instruction to staff to ensure completion of security paperwork, collection of ink or electronic fingerprinting of initial clearance candidates, and providing follow-up clearance report status on processed clearances to managers for specific contracts.
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DCSA requirements.
- Maintain FCL documentation and submission in accordance with DCSA requirements.
- Provide Federal Agency or component personnel suitability processing support and coordination.
- Provide and document new employee security briefings, exit interviews and debriefing, investigate and report security violations and incidents.
- Manage and develop annual refresher training to include preparing necessary documentation in support of the DCSA audits.
- Provide security support to Human Resources, Contracts, and Proposal teams.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports.
- Interpret government policies for the development and implementation of security plans and procedures.
- Maintain a working relationship with DCSA or other Federal Agencies and each contract’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances or suitability determinations.
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests, as required.
- 3+ years of experience as AFSO or FSO.
- DOD and Federal government contracting experience.
- BS/BA Degree required.
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) Certification (non-possessing).
- Knowledge of the government security and information assurance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to in-process new and maintain current employees and Independent Contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to provide employees with personnel security guidance, consistent with the 13 adjudicative guidelines, to best assist them managing their clearances.
- Experience with protection requirements for handling and safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Experience with DISS, NISS, and e-QIP.
- Communicate effectively with Corporate Executives to provide status updates, ensure compliance with NISPOM requirements, and provides guidance on security related questions or concerns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Self-motivated learning
- Ability to prioritize tasking to meet shifting responsibilities/needs.
- Must have experience in effectively multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to adapt.
Remote, but candidates local to the Washington, DC Metro area are preferred
Based on experience