Position Title: Public Relations Specialist
Network Runners, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Company - providing innovative IT solutions and organizational support within the DOD and the Civil sector. Our largest presence is in the U.S. Marine Corps, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, DISA, Joint Agencies, DIA, USDA/NIFA, USDA/FNS, USDA/FSIS, USDA/FSA, BPD, BFS etc. providing Information Technology and Organizational Support solutions. Today, NRI’s, experienced and highly qualified team members, are in nearly a dozen cities nationwide. We are recognized for our value, ingenuity and mission focus.
Headquartered in Sterling, Virginia, NRI is now an established CMMI Maturity Level 3 and ISO 9001: 2015 Certified Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman Owned Small Business, Virginia MBE and Maryland MBE.
Clearance Requirements: **Must have a Secret or Interim Secret Clearance**
Network Runners is seeking a highly motivated Public Relations Specialist to support The Secretary of the Air Force Office of Small Business Programs Administrative and Technical Support Services (SAF/SB). The Public Relations Specialist will engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations. Write or select material for release to various communications media. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in working with DoD acquisitions and headquarters staff level work or equivalent. All five (5) years of experience must have occurred within the last 10 years.
- Annual Program Plan: Develop, publish, and maintain the organization’s Annual Program Plan and ensure the Program Plan aligns to the National Defense Strategy and AF Strategic Priorities.
- Review and update the Program Plan annually by collecting and incorporating updates from the organization’s team members.
- Research, review, and assess viability of internal and external published using electronic mediums to locate, interviews with HAF Staff agency SMEs and the World Wide Web
- Collect and maintain the MAJCOM Annual Program Plan and ensure they align to the National Defense Strategy, AF Strategic Priorities.
- Obtain Director/Deputy Director review, intent, and support of draft MAJCOM Program Plans.
- Research, analyze, and populate content into the draft Annual Program Plan through collaboration with the organization’s team members to define content and processes.
- Coordinate SME reviews and comments through collaboration with the organization’s team members.
- Coordinate and adjudicate comments for the final Annual Program Plan through collaboration with the organization’s team members.
- Publish and distribute the final Annual Program Plan.
- Strategic Communication Plan: Review and update the Strategic Communication Plan (SCP) annually through collection and incorporation of updates from the organization’s team members.
- Research, assess, and monitor internal and external processes that impact the SCP.
- Assess internal and external information and processes that impact the published SCP.
- Update the SCP at least annually or as needed.
- Coordinate revisions with the SMEs or process owners through collaboration with the organization’s team members or external agency POC(s).
- Obtain Director/Deputy Director review and intent.
- Research and populate content into the existing SCP document through collaboration with the organization’s team members.
- Publish and distribute the final SCP and ensure the SCP is representative of the organization’s objectives and goals.
- Conduct records disposition of the SCP using the organization’s established office procedures and placement in approved Files Management Plan designated folders and posting to the organization’s SharePoint site.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working with DoD acquisitions and headquarters staff level work or equivalent.
• All five (5) years of experience must have occurred within the last 10 years.
Type of Job:
Attractive Benefits Package:
: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
0900 – 1500 Monday through Friday. Average work week is 40 hours.